RADBAG - Outdoor Survival Bivvy Bag - MODEL 1
CHECK OUT SECURELY WITH EFT BANK DEPOSIT OR PAYGATE
RADBAG is a compact and lightweight bivvy bag that you get into when you need protection from the elements. It was developed for adventure racing, where you need to be able to deploy a sleeping system in seconds, catch some trailside sleep and then get going again in seconds. Unlike foil-based survival bags and space blankets, it’s durable, so it won’t rip even when you clumsily climb into it with your shoes on, and it doesn’t make that annoying crinkly sound every time you move, irritating your team mates!
While not as warm, it’s lighter than even the lightest sleeping bag plus it’s much more wind- and water-resistant. You wouldn’t mind laying it down on damp or muddy ground, unlike your down bag.
So if it’s really cold and you are sleeping out for the whole night (e.g. on a hike or winter bikepacking trip), you’d put your sleeping bag inside it to keep the dew and windchill off you, and your sleeping bag clean.
It comes with its own stuffing bag sewn to the bivvy, designed in such a way to allow very quick packing away. It also has a drawcord at the top to pull it in tight over your head, with a breathing slit for your face. Lastly, it features tags at the foot end for ease of hanging out to dry.
When you don’t want to pack a sleeping bag, but you run the risk of being caught out in the wild overnight, this potentially lifesaving bivvy bag will keep the wind and rain off you and keep you a few degrees warmer. Olive green on the outside for camouflage and with a shiny heat-reflective coating on the inside, it can be turned inside out if you wish to be highly visible for rescue. It can also be used to collect rainwater in an emergency or as a carry bag. Weighing in at only 300 grams, it’s a must-have in the kit of any hiker, offroad enthusiast, cycle tourer, camper or hiker. It is also ideal for hunting in the early cold mornings and sleeping in the veld.
5 Reasons why a RADBAG is the ideal Christmas present for that adventurous friend or family member:
1. Adventurous people are gear junkies and love stuff that enables adventures.
2. A gift of a RADBAG shows you care about their safety and comfort whilst out on their rad adventures!
3. It's hand-made in good ole SA not some foreign sweat-shop, making it far more desirable and special!
4. It will last them years - think of all the stories they'll bring you in that time
5. They'll think of you fondly when they climb into it in some wild place at night under the stars.
Order today at only R699 each plus shipping
- Weight: approx 300g
- Length: 2m
- Windproof with a heat-reflective coating on the inside.
- Waterproof but the seams aren't sealed, to allow some breathability.
- Made in SA
- Ideal for fast and light adventures
- Trail tested
Image Disclaimer: Images are intended for illustrative purposes only and do not form part of any contract or warranty as to what you are purchasing. This transaction/purchase is subject to the confirmation of price and product by Karoo Outdoor Company (Pty) Ltd. See full Terms and Conditions.