SCHOTT HT glass increases light transmission Locking center diopter adjustment wheel Scratch and abrasion-resistant Plus minus 4 right-eye dioptric correction Long 13.2 mm eye relief 10x magnification.
Built with the same materials and to the same precise specifications as the larger models, Leica's 10x32 Ultravid HD-Plus Binocular delivers bright and clear high-contrast images across the entire field of view with true color rendition and virtually zero distortion. The smaller objectives reduces the overall size and weight for better portability and less muscle strain during long-duration viewing session, while still delivering competent low-light performance. Helping to compensate for the distracting hand-shake common with using 10x and greater optics, is a wide 67° apparent viewing angle. This allows the use of high magnification binoculars without the need for stabilization equipment such as harnesses.
Leica employs specially formulated SCHOTT HT glass which increases light transmission especially in the blue-violet light band, improves color fidelity, and enhances low-light performance. Scratch and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC), and hydrophobic AquaDura coating on outer lens protect surfaces and causes water and oil to bead off for easier cleaning and clearer vision. The roof prisms feature P40 phase-correction and the proprietary High Lux System (HLS) coatings. These coatings virtually eliminate chromatic aberration for enhanced color rendition and increased contrast. Complementing the optical performance are uncompromising construction details.
To reduce user fatigue during long glassing sessions, the chassis is made of a lightweight yet durable magnesium alloy, with a high-tensile titanium center hinge axle. The optical tubes are nitrogen-filled for fogproof performance and sealed to make the binocular submersible to 16 feet. Ergonomic thumb indents on the bottom of the binocular coupled with protective rubber armoring provide a comfortable slip-resistant grip. A lubrication-free focus system provides fast and precise focusing, with PETP-Discs to provide smooth movement throughout the broad operating temperature range.
- 10x magnification
- 32mm objective lens diameter
- Compact roof prism optical path
- SCHOTT HT glass increases light transmission
- P40 and the proprietary High Lux System (HLS) prism coatings
- High temperature plasma lens coating depositing system for precise optical coating placement
- Phase corrected prisms reduce chromatic aberration for enhanced color rendition
- Scratch and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC) and hydrophobic AquaDura coating
- Wide 67° apparent angle of view
- 355' field of view at 1000 yards
- Lubricant free center focus system with PETP-Discs provides smooth movement throughout the operating temperature range
- ±4 right-eye dioptric correction
- Locking center diopter adjustment wheel
- Long 13.2mm eye relief
- 3.2mm exit pupil
- Light and durable magnesium chassis
- Titanium center hinge axle
- Slip-resistant protective rubber-armored body
- Nitrogen-filled, fogproof and watertight to 16'/5m
- Broad -13 to 131°F operating temperature
- Ergonomic thumb rests for added comfort and a better grip
|Objective Lens Diameter
|Angle of View
|355.42' @ 1000 yd / 118 m @ 1000 m
|Minimum Focus Distance
|6.56' / 2.0 m
|Exit Pupil Diameter
|52 - 74 mm / 2.05 - 2.91"
|4.72 x 4.57 x 2.20" / 12.0 x 11.6 x 5.6 cm
|19.93 oz / 565 g